Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mmm horses

I just bought tickets to go see Equus on Broadway starring Daniel Radcliffe! If I can't get my Harry Potter fix until next summer, I'll at least be reminded of its wizardry wonder when I see the star revealing his equine adoration and sexual deviations.

I think what I'm most interested in seeing is whether Daniel Radcliffe can escape the image of Harry Potter. After all, he's been Harry Potter since he was eleven. I just recently had a Harry Potter marathon with a couple of friends, and it was surprising to watch the three kids go from amateur pretenders to professional actors. I wonder if that translates to the stage or to any other character.

I still see Elijah Wood as Frodo (anyone with me on this?). It's a very difficult image to shake.

No comments: